Here are 15 effective ways we can brighten up our Imaan (Faith) starting from today Insha Allah.
1) Repent frequently for your mistakes.
“Seek forgiveness of your Lord and then turn to Him in repentance.” (Surah Hud: 3).
“And seek the forgiveness of Allah. Certainly, Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (4:106)
A sincere repentance according to the scholars has conditions:
1. To discontinue the sin.
2. To regret over its occurrence.
3. To determine never to go back to that sin again.
4. Compensating those who have been wronged or obtaining their forgiveness.
2) Perform Salah (Prayer) regularly at the beginning of its prescribed time.
Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: “Say, if there were a river at the door of one of you in which he takes a bath five times a day, would any soiling remain on him?” They replied, “No soiling would be left on him.” He (PBUH) said, ” That is the five (obligatory) Salat (prayers). Allah obliterates all sins as a result of performing them.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
3) Daily Quran recitation.
4) Engage In Dhikr (Remembrance of Allah) daily as much as possible.
“Remember Allah abundantly, in order that you become successful” (Quran 8:45)
“O you who believe, when you face a group (in battle), stand firm and remember Allah abundantly, so that you may be successful.” (Quran 13:28)
5) Voluntary Fasting.
There are various benefits to fasting nawafil (voluntary) fasts. Fasting helps us be thankful to Allah for His Bounty, control unlawful desires, have compassion for the less fortunate and it weakens the effects of waswas (whispers) from the Shaytan.
Fasting can be thought of as a prescription for us, which cures the maladies of the human soul.
6) Following the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam).
7) Carrying out good deeds.
Investment into this life is very temporary. Our good deeds are our eternal investment which will benefit us for the rest of eternity.
8) Remembering death.
9) Gaining more religious knowledge.
10) Making as much as Dua (Supplication).
Dua is defined as any invocation or prayer addressed to Allah (SWT). Through Dua, we strengthen our Imaan and our relationship with Allah, as well as heighten our awareness of cause and effect that can help inspire and motivate us to be closer to Islam in our lives.
We find many reassurances throughout the Quran for those who make Dua.
Allah the Exalted, has said:
“And your Lord says: Pray unto me: and I will hear your prayer” (Quran 40:60),
“Call upon your Lord Humbly and in secret” (Quran 7:55),
“When My servants question thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me” (Quran 2:186),
The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Dua (supplication) is worship.” [Sunan Abu Dawud]
Three types of dua are undoubtedly granted: a parent’s dua for his children, dua of a fasting person, and dua of the traveller. [Abu-Dawud]
We can and should make Dua in every condition, i.e. in hardship and in prosperity.
Some special times to make Dua where it is more likely to be accepted:
1. When one is oppressed
2. Between the time of Athan and Iqama
3. At the time of the call for prayer
4. When one is sick
5. The last third of the night (Esp. during Tahajjud)
6. Ramadan (especially Lailatul Qadr)
7. After the Fard part of prayer
8. When traveling
9. When breaking fast
10. In Sujood while performing Salah (Prayer)
11. On Fridays after Asr prayer (Abu Dawud)
12. On the day of Arafah
13. At times of adversity
14. Dua when someone’s heart is filled with sincerity and when it is focused on Allah
15. Dua of the parent against or for his children
16. The Dua of a Muslim for his brother without the latter’s knowledge
Dua can be beautified and perfected by certain actions:
1. Have Wudu, face Qibla, be neat and clean
2. Raise both hands up to the shoulder with palms open facing up
3. Use words of Allah and Muhammad (SAW)-i.e. Duas found in Quran and Hadith
4. Ask by Asma alHusna- Allah’s Beautiful Names
5. Be very humble and insistent -repeat (i.e. 3x’s)
6. Glorify Allah and recite Salawat for the Prophet (SAW) at both the beginning and end
7. Show humility, entreaty, desire and fear while making Dua
11) Having complete trust in ALLAH and thank ALLAH for each and everything (Al-Hamdulillah).
12) Giving Charity to the needy and helping others in the ways we can.
13) Fight with the biggest and open enemy (Shaitan).
14) Give up telling lies and always speak the truth and identify where your weaknesses are and avoid them.
15) Forgive those who do you wrong.
May Allah swt help us to practice in our daily lives to strengthen and increase our Iman, Ameen.
Ya Allah, help us to be the best of the worshipers. Ameen.
Allah knows best.
Please share this article and may Allah reward you.