Sadaqatul jariyah is ongoing charity (continuous rewards) received by us (for good actions and deeds), that will not only benefit us in this life, but will continue to benefit us after our death.
Abu Huraira (RadhiAllahu ‘anhu) reported: Allah’s Messenger ﷺ as saying: When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased). [Sahih Muslim – Book 13 – Hadith 4005]
Allah SWT says: “… and spend something (in charity) out of the provision which we have bestowed you, before death should come to any of you and he should say, o my Rabb! Why do you not give me respite for a little while? I should then have given (largely) in charity, and I should have been one of the doers of good.” (Qur’an, 63:10)
Below given are some good actions and deeds that which will outlive you Insha Allah.
1. Donate and/or actively participate in building of a Mosque.
2. Building or donating to build an Orphanage.
3. Raising, full or part sponsoring an orphan. ( Orphan Sponsorship )
4. Teach someone to recite Quran, and everytime they recite quran, you will get hasanat, even after your death. And if your student teaches quran to another person, and everytime this other person read Qur’an, you still will get hasanat from his recitation, even after you have long died until the end of this world.
5. Give copies of the Holy Quran and each time they read from it, you will receive Hasanat.
6. Donating to build a school. When the students use the knowledge they receive from the school, you get hasanat, even after you have died.
7. Give away Islamic reading materials.
8. Teach someone to recite Dua and/or Dhikr ( Remembrance of Allah ) and each time it is recited, you will gain Hasanat.
9. Share via online or give Dua or Quran CDs and every time it is recited you will gain Hasanat.
10. Donate wheel chair to Hospital and when sick persons use it you will gain Hasanat.
11. Building or donating to build a Dispensary, Hospital
12. Help a child to continue his or her Education.
13. Donate to dig and build water wells or construct water tanks and when people use this well or tank you will receive Hasanat. ( Help build water wells or construct water tanks )
14. Plant trees or donate for this cause, each time people or animals sits under the shade or eats from these trees, we will gain hasanat, even after you have died.
15. Place a water cooler in a public place. Each time people drink water from it, you will gain hasanat.
Abu Huraira (Radhiallahu anhu) reported: Allah’s Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying: He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. [Sahih Muslim – Book #034 – Hadith #6470]
“The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whom He pleases. And Allah is All-Sufficient, All-Knower.” [Al-Baqarah 2:261]
Share or email this post with your Relatives and our Muslim brothers and sisters. If any of the above points is applied by them, You will receive your Hasanat and You will continue to receive Hasanat until the day of judgment (if the deeds are continued)
May Allah swt make us among the Believers who will gain such Hasanath equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words for Allah’s Praise. Ameen.
Allah knows best. Please do not forget us in your prayers and duas as well. JazakAllah Khair